Sunday, June 21, 2009

Idea

I recently tried to sell a bunch of clothes to Plato's Closet, but they were lame and did not buy them. I'm thinking of just pricing them really cheaply myself, then listing them and offering them to my friends to buy. Same for any movies/books I am unable to sell tomorrow (attempt #2 to make enough money to pay my bills by hocking my stuff!). Hopefully people will be interested...I feel like my friends are generous enough to help me out with a few bucks and get something nice in return for it.

You know, I could sell all my clothes. I could sell all my CDs. I could sell all my DVDs. But every time I sell one of my books, my heart breaks a little. If there's one thing I love, it's reading, and if there's one more thing I love, it's shopping for a new book. I donated a TON of my books to the Invisible Children book drive this year, and that was hard enough, trying to decide which books I could part with just to be nice and try to help a good cause. Now I'm trying to figure out which I can part with for totally selfish (necessarily, but still selfish) reasons. It's really depressing to watch my bookshelves become emptier and emptier. But I don't really have much in the way of options at the moment, so you do what you gotta do. Eventually I'll have money enough to start rebuilding my collection. Until then, I'm hanging on to what books I can and sucking it up as far as the others go.

Anyway. Here's hoping I am successful in selling lots and lots of books, movies, and CDs tomorrow, and here's hoping that my clothes, jewelry, and shoes successfully sell among my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment