Friday, June 19, 2009

I need to win the lottery. Like...now.

I need to magically have $400 in my bank account by the end of this month in order to make my car payments.

I'm not going to.

Here's why:

1. I am not paid for my work with Richmond Shakespeare (it's being treated like an unpaid internship). That's all well and good, and it wouldn't be a problem if I had been reimbursed the $75 I spent to make props for the show. And the only other problem is that it does cost me some mileage on my car, meaning I have to buy gas more often, and gas is getting really expensive all over again.

2. Ukrop's gives me 5 hours a week. That's it. That means I get MAYBE $30 a week. Next week, thankfully, they scheduled me for a whopping 10.5 hours AND I was able to score an extra shift from a friend who needed to be covered. Even so, it's not enough.

3. My job at After Six won't start until the restaurant opens. Which makes sense. It's just a little frustrating.

4. Babysitting is sporadic and my most regular family goes to the beach a lot in the summer, meaning they don't need me.

I currently have $40 in my account. I need to multiply that by 10 in the next two weeks somehow in order to not overdraw my account or totally obliterate both mine and my father's credit.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment