Saturday, June 13, 2009

Best Job Ever?

My newly revived passion for the A.V. Club website has awakened a new career goal in me: write for them.

I had been neglecting my reading for quite some time - months, in fact - before Adam reintroduced me to the love that is the A.V. Club. I just spent the past hour reading about Sarah Palin's reaction to Letterman's bad joke (and, subsequently, her almost-equally-poor-tastedly-executed counter joke), being amused by the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow referred to Billy Joel as William, and reading recaps of "House" that I thoroughly agree with (and love the description of his new Cottages as the New Coke team...they really are, aren't they? I miss the Foreman-Chase-Cameron dream team, but then, I'm old-fashioned).

Random: the ice cream truck is driving down my street and if I had a dollar and was not still in my tiny nightie and braless you'd best bet I'd be running out to get me one of those red-white-blue masterpieces of a popsicle.

Anyway.

I think everyone should be reading the articles on this website. They are very funny, sometimes searing, frequently off-the-charts smart, and always entertaining whether or not you agree with them. And I really, really, really would love to be one of their writers. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment