Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Phew.

A busy day today. Got up a little late due to my allergy to alarm clock, which can be remedied by multiple doses of snooze alarm. Headed out to Ukrop's to check my schedule (brief rant about that in a minute), then went to Carytown to talk to businesses about advertising with Richmond Shakespeare. A quick detour to Main St. to apply for and be interviewed for a job. Filled gas tank. Made a spreadsheet about the RS advertising. About to go and return my library DVDs before heading to Kerry's for a reading of "Aloha, Say the Pretty Girls" in preparation for the auditions on Saturday. Phew!

Okay. Quick Ukrop's rant. I asked for a minimum of 25-30 hours a week. I have five. FIVE. This week and next. Five. That is all I have. Five hours. One day. One. I have no idea why this is happening, and it's not just to me. It's also to a bunch of other cashiers. I've been working there for two years. I've been a good employee. So have my friends who are also suffering from lack of hours. It's because they've hired new people, but I don't know why they've hired new people when they have plenty already! It makes no sense. So, anyway, I'm going to have maybe $30 this week and maybe $30 next week. HOW exactly am I supposed to pay my bills? Answer: probably not going to.

OUCH! That was the sound of my credit score being cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment