Friday, May 29, 2009

Employment is Awesome

Guess who got a new job? Here's a hint: she answers to the name Caroline and talks too much and has something of an obsession with blue mascara.

That's right. I got a new job. A job that is not Ukrop's. HUZZAH! I will be a waitress at a new restaurant called After Six, located in Shockoe Bottom. It's not open yet, so they're going to call me in a few days to talk about training, tax stuff, etc.

I'm really looking forward to this. I feel like waitressing is a handy skill to have. And what's cool is that After Six is right across the street from Sumo San, where the lovely Kerry McGee can often be found working, so I imagine there will be even more hang outage between she and I.

It will be nice to work in the city. It will be nice to have a new job that feels a little more grown-up than the grocery store. It will be nice to work somewhere that will give me more than five hours a week when I have requested at least twenty-five.

So stoked.

1 comment: