Sunday, March 29, 2009

What, a play toward?

The more I think about it, the more I realize that my place really is in the theatre. Maybe not onstage, though that would be ideal, but certainly involved in some way.

I have been given the task of designing some silly programs for us to use as props during a scene in "Midsummer", and as our stage manager Bryan put it, I am taking care of this with perhaps a little too much glee. I even have cast lists inside them. No, really. The cast of "Arrested Development" is apparently taking part in the story of the Thrice Three Muses Mourning the Loss of Learning (or whatever it's called - I never played Philostrate and I can't be bothered to look in my script at the moment). Just that little bit of involvement is enough to send me into giggles of joy and shivers of excitement. Just that little nibble of theatrical play is so fun for me that I almost can't stand it.

And I've always been like that. No matter the show, I'm always so excited to be a part of it that I plunge headfirst and give 110% to my role. Sure, sometimes that means I go a little method - gotta use the process that works best for you - but it always means that I know I've given it my all.

I don't really know why I felt the need to make an entry about something so obvious, but I just can't help myself. I just spent four hours at rehearsal in utter bliss. That kind of thing ought to be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment